Using Netflix – Wii
How to download Netflix
In order to access the Netflix service, you’ll first need to download it from the Wii Shop Channel. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Select the Wii Shop Channel from the Wii Menu and press Start
- Select Wii Channels from the Wii Shop Menu
- Choose Netflix instant streaming for Wii, then Free 0 Wii Points to start the download
- Once it has finished downloading, Netflix will appear in your Wii Menu.
How to connect to your Netflix account
To link your Netflix account to your Wii, follow the instructions below:
- Enter your email address and password using the on-screen keyboard.
- Once you’ve entered your information, select ‘Continue’.
You will now be able to enjoy TV episodes and Movies through your Wii.
How to restrict Netflix using Parental Controls on your Wii
You can only restrict whether Netflix is used or not, rather than setting an age limit for TV shows and movies.
To restrict the use of Netflix on your Wii, follow these instructions:
- On the Wii Menu, select ‘Wii Settings’ then select the right arrow to reach page 2.
- Select ‘Parental Controls’ followed by ‘Yes’ to change your Parental Controls settings.
- When prompted, enter your PIN and select ‘OK’.
- Select ‘Other Settings’ then ‘OK’ to adjust your settings.
- To block the use of the Netflix service, press ‘Next’ until the ‘Use of the Internet Channel and viewing of certain content which is not subject to game rating’ option appears.
- Select ‘Restrict’.
Once you have chosen your settings, select ‘Confirm’ then ‘Settings Complete’.