How do I reset the parental controls pin on my Wii
What to do if you’ve forgotten your Parental Controls PIN
If you’ve forgotten your Parental Controls PIN, you’ll need to answer your Secret Question in order to retrieve it.
- Access Wii SETTINGS, go to page 2 and select PARENTAL CONTROLS
- Press YES, then when asked for your PIN number select I FORGOT
- Then you will be asked your secret question
- Answer the question correctly to receive your PIN
What to do if you don’t know the answer to your secret question
If this happens, you’ll be unable to play any games or features that have been locked by the Parental Controls.
You’ll need to download and complete this form. Sign it declaring you are over the age of 18, then send it to Nintendo Customer Support using one of the following methods:
- By email as a scanned document to email@example.com
- By fax to 0208 043 0810
- By post to Nintendo Customer Support, PO Box 952, Portsmouth, PO6 9DY
A member of our customer support team will then contact you by phone with your Master Key.
If your console was bought second hand
You’ll need to send us your console so that we can remove the previous owner’s data from the console, as well as remove the Parental Controls. You can book your console in for repair here.
This will be done free of charge and your console returned within 3-5 working days. Please be sure to include a note stating ‘2nd hand console Parental Controls reset required’ with your repair.