Wii U – System Update appears frozen
Things to consider
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, and the size of the update, it could take over an hour for your update to download and install.
During the update it may take a while for the progress bar on your Wii U GamePad to start moving. Please do not turn your console off during the update.
What to do
If your system’s progress bar hasn’t moved for an extended period of time, it’s possible to stop the download process by following these steps:
- Unplug your wireless router from the mains
- Enter the error code when prompted by your Wii U
- Select OK to confirm and exit the update process
- Reconnect your wireless router to the mains
- Restart your system update, which will resume at the previously reached point