Blinking recharge light – Nintendo DS
Is your battery correctly installed?
To install the battery, follow the advice below.
- Press and hold the Power/Reset button until the power shuts off
- Make sure the AC Adapter is unplugged from the Nintendo DS system
- Loosen the two Phillips-head (+) screws on the battery cover with a screwdriver, and remove the battery cover. Use an appropriate screwdriver to avoid damaging the screws or threads
- Remove the battery pack by lifting the end at the rear of the system out first
- Position the battery by inserting the end with the +/- symbols into the front end of the system
- Then lower the rest completely into the battery compartment and replace the battery cover, tightening the two screws – be careful not to over-tighten though.
Always make sure you’ve replaced the battery cover and tightened the screws before using your Nintendo DS.
The battery is correctly installed, but the light is still blinking
You should check that you’re using a Nintendo licensed battery. Licensed Nintendo DSi batteries will display the Nintendo logo and the model number TWL-003. Nintendo DSi XL batteries should carry the model number UTL-003 and the Nintendo logo.