Using the 3D on your Nintendo 3DS
How do I use the 3D on my 3DS/3DS XL? I keep getting double images.
Below is some information on how you can maximise the fun of using the 3D effects on your Nintendo 3DS, however please note that the 3D can be turned off and even locked, all games can be played without the 3D function with no loss to the gameplay or in game content.
- View the screen straight on from directly in front of you. Hold the screen 10 to 14 inches (25-35 centimeters) from your eyes, or 12 to 16 inches (30-40 centimeters) from your eyes if using the Nintendo 3DS XL.
- Adjust the angle of your line of vision by holding the system at different heights. Many players have found a "sweet spot" where viewing 3D images is most comfortable.
- Each person is different, so find the distance and angle that are most comfortable for you.
- The Nintendo 3DS system is equipped with a 3D depth slider that lets you select the level of 3D you enjoy the most. The 3D effect can be scaled back or even turned off completely, depending on your preference.
- You should take a 15 minute break every 60 minutes of game play, every 30 minutes if viewing 3D images.
- Some 3D content, such as distributed 3D videos, 3D images, or certain 3D game software, cannot be adjusted with the 3D depth slider. If this content is difficult or uncomfortable to view, try varying the distance between your eyes and the screen, or turn the 3D effect off by moving the 3D depth slider all the way down to the OFF setting.
- Nintendo 3DS is a safe product. Viewing 3D images does not pose any risk to your vision. However, children 6 and under should not use the 3D feature of the Nintendo 3DS system. Please see the Nintendo 3DS Operations Manual for instructions on setting up Parental Controls to restrict use of the 3D feature.
Can I use the 3D on all of my games including my old DS Games?
All Nintendo 3DS Games can be played in 3D, however you are not able to play the original Nintendo DS games in 3D.
On the original 3DS there is a green LED light that says 3D, if this indicator lights up then the image on the screen can be viewed in 3D. If the indicator does not light up then the image is only available in standard 2D. (This light is not on the Nintendo 3DS XL).