Nintendo UK, a branch of Nintendo of Europe GmbH ('Nintendo', 'we', 'our', or 'us'), Herriotstrasse 4, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk (the 'Website') and users of our repairs services and recognises the importance of protecting your personal information.
We collect and use the following information about you:
i. Information you provide to us
In order to book a repairs service, we will ask you to provide us with certain information about the nature of repairs service sought and certain information about you to enable us to contact you. You may do this by completing the repairs booking form on our Website or by contacting our Customer Support Team on +44 (0)345 60 50 247 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you do, we will ask you to confirm which console or accessory you wish to have repaired, details of where you purchased it, that you have proof of purchase, and to provide an explanation of the error or problem that you need our assistance with.
We will also ask you to provide your name, email address, telephone number and address to enable us to contact you about the repair request.
We may also collect and use the content of any email or other communication/correspondence between us in relation to our repair services, for example if we need a little more information about the nature of the problem with your console.
Please note that if you provide us with information relating to another person, you must inform them of our identity, the purposes for which their information will be used and obtain their consent to sharing their information with us.
ii. Information we collect automatically (including by cookies).
In addition to information collected via cookies and similar tracking technologies, we also collect other information automatically when you visit the Website. This may include your computer's IP address (which is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider), operating system, log in times, browser type and unique device ID and information about websites you visited before and after visiting the website, search queries that landed you on the Website, search queries you conducted on the Website and pages and advertisements you viewed and links you clicked on while using the Website.
The information we collect in this manner may be used to recognise the device or browser you use to visit our Website or our third party partners' websites, but does not directly identify you by name or address. We use this information to better understand how visitors use the Website, for internal reporting purposes and to enhance users' experiences on the Website.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from you in order for us, our affiliated companies, service providers and third party partners, to:
- service your repairs requests or other enquiries you may make in relation to products you have purchased from us;
- send you service-related communications relating to your repairs;
- protect the Website against malicious or fraudulent activity by any person;
- create analytical reports, using aggregated and/or anonymised information, so that we can understand the types of users who visit the Website and how they use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve the Website and our products and services to better meet our customers' needs; and
- create analytical reports, using aggregated and/or anonymised information to enable us to identify any common errors, faults or issues with our products.
Who we share your information with
We may share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- to Nintendo group companies or our third party service providers and third party partners who provide data processing services to us for any of the purposes explained above. Our service providers have access to information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use data for any other purpose. Our service providers are all located in Europe and fall within the following categories:
- customer support service providers;
- product support service providers;
- website hosting and maintenance service providers;
- to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, to protect, exercise or defend our rights or the rights of any third party, or otherwise to protect the vital interests of any person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only: (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (for example to carry out our repairs services under our repairs terms of service); (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we need to process your personal information to comply with a legal requirement we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the "Contact" heading below.
We want you to feel confident about using the Website and we are committed to protecting the information that we collect. We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect the information you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful use and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact" heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the "Contact" heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in Amsterdam and London, our third party service providers and partners operate Europe and our group companies operate around the world including in Asia, Australia and the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with our repairs service, to keep a copy of the repairs that we have undertaken in case they come up again in future, to validate extended warranty protection, , to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements and/or as necessary to defend ourselves against any claims).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Alternatively you can contact the Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
For the purposes of European data protection law, Nintendo of Europe GmbH is the data controller of visitors' personal information collected through this Website.