Nintendo of Europe GmbH ('Nintendo', 'we', 'our', or 'us'), Herriotstrasse 4, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to http://store.nintendo.co.uk (the 'Website') and recognises the importance of protecting your personal information.
We collect and use the following information about you:
i. Information you provide to us
In order to buy goods or services through the Website, you will need to register with us and create an account on the Website (a 'Nintendo Account'). To create a Nintendo Account, we need to collect certain information about you including your first and last name, user name and password, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date). You can choose not to provide certain information to us (for example, mobile phone number), but most of the information we ask for is required to provide you with the services that you request.
We may also collect and use the following information about you:
- the content of any email or other communication that you send to Nintendo, for example, when you make enquiries about the Website and its products;
- your email address, if you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us (for example, the Nintendo newsletter);
- information about any orders you place through the Website; and
- information you submit when participating in any surveys conducted by us.
Please note that if you provide us with information relating to another person, you must inform them of our identity, the purposes for which their information will be used and obtain their consent to sharing their information with us.
ii. Information we collect automatically (including by cookies).
In addition to information collected via cookies and similar tracking technologies, we also collect other information automatically when you visit the Website. This may include your computer’s IP address (which is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider), operating system, log in times, browser type and unique device ID and information about websites you visited before and after visiting the website, search queries that landed you on the Website, search queries you conducted on the Website and pages and advertisements you viewed and links you clicked on while using the Website.
The information we collect in this manner may be used to recognise the device or browser you use to visit our Website or our third party partners' websites, but does not directly identify you by name or address and we do not associate it with your Nintendo Account. We use this information to better understand how visitors use the Website, for internal reporting purposes and to enhance users' experiences on the Website.
iii. Information we collect from third parties.
We may collect some information about you from third party providers of postcode demographic information that we will associate with your Nintendo Account. In conjunction with the other personal information we collect about you, this helps us to serve you with digital marketing and e-mail communications that we believe are better tailored to your interests.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from you in order for us, our affiliated companies, service providers and third party partners, to:
- create and administer records about your Nintendo Account including your order history;
- fulfil your requests for products, services and information, including to send you commercial and non-commercial messages and to process orders you have placed;
- send you service-related communications relating to your Nintendo Account;
- improve your experience and deliver you personalised content and information about products, services and offers through email communications and online through our Website, mobile applications and third party websites and mobile applications;
- protect the Website, and your Nintendo Account, against malicious or fraudulent activity by any person; and
- create analytical reports, using aggregated and/or anonymsed information, so that we can understand the types of users who visit the Website and how they use the Website. This allows us to continuously improve the Website and our products and services to better meet our customers' needs.
Disclosure of Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following circumstances:
- to Nintendo affiliated companies or our service providers and third party partners for any of the purposes explained above. Our service providers have access to information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use data for any other purpose;
- to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, to protect our rights or the rights of any third party, or otherwise to protect the vital interests of any person; and
- to any third party as part of any sale or transfer of company assets, if legally permitted.
We want you to feel confident about using the Website and we are committed to protecting the information that we collect. We have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect the information you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful use and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. We use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption on payment pages of our Website to protect the confidentiality and security of your card payment details when you buy products through the Website.
You can review and change the information linked to your Nintendo Account at any time by accessing it via the 'Account' section of the Website.
You can also ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee specified by law) and that we correct any inaccuracies. Please write to us at the e-mail address listed below should you wish to do so. You may also ask that we delete your personal information, and we will endeavour to do this unless we are required by law or have other compelling lawful reasons to retain it. Please note that the deletion of account-related personal information may lead to a termination of your Nintendo Account.
If at any time after registering, you would like to change your preferences and subscribe to, or unsubscribe from any marketing communications that you receive from us you can do so by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can simply click the unsubscribe link in any email communication that you receive. Please note, however, that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications you will continue to receive service-related communications relating to your Nintendo Account.
If you have any questions about this Website, or your relationship with us, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
For the purposes of European data protection law, Nintendo of Europe GmbH is the data controller of visitors' personal information collected through this Website.